What is Acupuncture?
For more than 4,000 years the Chinese have used acupuncture as their primary form of health care. They found that by stimulating specific points on the body with very thin needles that they were able to alter a person’s immune system, the production of hormones, the circulation of blood, the activity of different areas of the brain, and to relieve pain.
Until recently, acupuncture was considered mysterious and even mystical…
But through the use of MRI scans and blood testing, modern science has been able to confirm the specific effects of hundreds of acupuncture points.
Here are a few examples:
1. There is a specific point in the ear that has shown to relax people and help with insomnia.
2. There is a specific point on the arm that we use with cancer patients to alleviate nausea from chemotherapy. This same point can help seasickness, vertigo, dizziness, and carsickness.
3. There are a combination of points that help irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhea, or constipation.
4. There are points on the hand that control neck pain and headaches.
5. There are points on the leg that help PMS, low back pain, fertility issues, sciatica, and night sweats.
That’s why acupuncture is such a great option for so many different types of conditions.
Plus- you get all of the benefits without side-effects.
In our office, we use only pre-sterilized, single use, medical grade, stainless steel needles. The needles are so small (the width of a single human hair) that most people don’t even feel them being put in.
To schedule an appointment or ask a question,
Call us at 561-369-0808.
Click Here to see a list of some of the conditions that acupuncture helps.